Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Thanksgiving?

How this year has flown by! I never cease to be amazed at how swiftly the time slips through my fingers. There never seems to be enough time in the day, yet I have the same hours that Thomas Edison, Mother Theresa, Albert Einstein and others had. What good spenders of their time!

Anyway, Thanksgiving is upon us (we may even have snow for the holiday)-that means there is much cleaning to be done around the house and food preparation to be completed before the 27th. It will be a busy weekend for our family. Thanksgiving we are having my grandma and aunt and her family over, then on Friday comes decorating for Christmas, and on Saturday we sing for at a Christmas Tea in Crown, MN. Full weekend! Oh yes, we also need to clean our church sometime then and squeeze some practice in some where, plus showers and getting ready. I don't mean to burden you, but it's reality for our family. Hopefully next week will be a bit more laid-back. :)

I should concentrate on the good things this weekend.

First, I am grateful that we have a home to prepare nd decorate for guests to come over, that we have family to invite and share good company with, that we'll have good food. What a honor it is to be asked to sing for an event and what a witnessing opportunity our family has! It is wonderful to be in a musical family and to encourage people through our music and message. It is exciting to hear people say that the Lord has blessed them through us. I am thankful that I can learn to be grateful now instead of when it's too late to be grateful for what I had.

I really must be signing off for the night. I hope to post more soon about life in a singing family and what I have been learning over the past weeks. Please check back soon!

Blessings, and be ye thankful!

No comments: