Friday, April 10, 2009

What A Weird Week!

What a weird week!

On Friday of last week, Mom felt very sick. Her stomach area hurt and she couldn't figure out why. She was down and out for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with horrible abdomenal pains. Dad finally took her to the doctor on Sunday afternoon and I fully expected her to be out that night. I was wrong. Mom remained in the hospital for about four days and she was dubbed the "mystery patient". It seemed she had a sac of fluid by her colon, or was it in the muscle? There were no definate answers.

The days without Mom were very odd indeed, but things seemed to run smoothly. Dad took two days off of work to be with Mom and us. It was SO comforting to know many people from church, relatives, and friends were praying for Mom and our family. The out-pouring of love was amazing. Pastor and Joanne were wonderful and SO supportive of our family.

My oldest sister stayed the night on Tuesday evening and was able to be home for most of my birthday. She was also able to pick up Mom on Wednesday. Thanks Whit!

Oh yes, it was my birthday-17! Here is a photo:


Well, I'd better be going. Just wanted to let you know I am still alive, and surviving, even through this weird week.

Happy Easter! He is risen, He is risen indeed, alleluia!

3 comments:

Among The Flowers said...

:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Sister!!! (:

I am glad you mom is now safely back home. And I hope she is improving! You all are still in our prayers!

Happy Easter, too!

In His hands,
Alyssa

Kathryn Grace said...

Oh, so sorry about your mom! I hope she is feeling better...

Happy birthday! I'm turning 17 this week too. :-)

Chelsea Peterson said...

Happy Birthday! I know how hard it is to have a sick mom in the hospital. Not fun. =( I hope she has a swift recovery! ~Chelsea~