Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Day Done: My Weakness/His Strength

Good Evening!

I don't have much time to write, but let's say...Nebraska is interesting! It is almost 1:00 in the morning and the long day is done. Two concerts, lots of kids, yummy foods, tired eyes, and blessings beyond measure sum up March 12th, 2010.

There are so many stories to tell, but I do have to get some sleep. Tomorrow we get to snooze the morning away and (kind of) relax for (most) of Saturday. God has been so good and is using us to bless and encourage the body of Christ. It is one of the most fullfilling feelings in the world to know the Lord is working through you in mighty ways. Usually I pray for people who attend our concerts before we actually and during, but today I have found myself praying constantly for all who heard the music and message. We bear a heavy testimony to the Lord's work in our lives and most will not leave our concerts without considering deeply what they have seen or heard.

I pray, first of all, everyone would be uplifted and blessed by the fun and positive music; that people would leave with a song in their heart and a spring in their step. I pray our family would have encouraged people by the smiles on our faces and togetherness, giving testimony to the wonderful work of our Lord Jesus Christ in our lives. I pray God would use His Word and Dad's message to draw hearts closer to Him and to convict people of areas in their lives that need spiritual adjustment.

I know I felt very "weak" today, especially during our second concert. I am comforted, though, because when I am weak, God is strong, and His strength is made known through weakness.

One of my favorite sayings is: "There is no testimony without a test, and no message without a mess." How true! I know it has been tough for our family as we undergo trials of many kinds, but I know God will use these experiences, these weak spots, for our good and to hopefully encourage others as well.

Be inspired. God is working all things for the good of those who love Him. He will shine through your weakness and let His glory radiate through your life. Keep on keeping on. Always have a song. You can sing the old hymn "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" with confidence: "I am weak, but Thou art strong/Jesus, keep me from all wrong/I'll be satisfied as long/As I walk, dear Lord, close to Thee."

Ya'll have a good night. I have added a quick video of our family setting up last night in the gym of Trinity Lutheran Church, Lincoln, NE. Enjoy it!

Lacheln,
Taylor


1 comment:

Alyssa Rose said...

Amen, Taylor! I love this,

* "God is working all things for the good of those who love Him."

* "Keep on keeping on."

* "I am comforted, though, because when I am weak, God is strong, and His strength is made known through weakness. "

* "There is no testimony without a test, and no message without a mess."

I might have to use that last quote somewhere, somehow, someday! ;)
-Say "hi" to your family and know we are praying for you!

Love, Alyssa