Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Note to Self"

Guess how God used the blog I wrote yesterday? He used it for me! I
have to laugh at how God likes to use the words I say to redirect
myself. Maybe I should title my blog "Notes to Self"!

Anyway, last night, while brushing my teeth, my mind was wandering into
not the best thoughts, and during my wandering, I suddenly was reminded
of the blog I wrote earlier that morning. Eek! I was tempted to
continue in my wrong thinking, not paying attention to my own words,
but I quickly wondered what God thought of my thoughts. I reached over
for the small New Testament in our bathroom and flipped it open. I am
continuely amazed at how the Bible is so relevant to my every day life,
and to what I am going through. The Lord always leads me to exactly
what I need to read or hear!

Here's what I read:

"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone
else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning
yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things. So when
you, a mere man, pass judgement on them and yet do the same things, do
you think you will escape God's judgement? Or do you show contempt for
the riches of His kindness, tolerance, and patience, not realizing that
God's kindness leads you toward repentance?" (Romans 2:1, 3-4) Verses
1-16 were all so convicting and I totally resolved to really fight my
wrong thoughts.

I had victory and gave the glory to God.

How does God use His Word in your life?

No comments: