Monday, October 25, 2010

Surrendering My All

Our family posing at Arby's in Iowa.

We just returned from a trip to the Midwest Quartet Convention in Des Moines/Altoona, Iowa. What fun! Visit our family's blog to see pictures and read the stories.

Life continues to be busy, thank the Lord! We are doing well, free from health issues-finally!-and God is providing for us in this time when Dad does not have a job. God is opening doors with Great Adventure in ways we didn't think possible and we look back amazed at seeing His hand so intricately involved in our lives. The adventure continues!
I am still trying to utilize all my Adobe programs. Trust me, it's a little overwhelming! More news on plans for Lacheln Designs later.
It's been interesting to see all the lessons I have been learning these past monthes since my graduation. God has been revealing areas in my life that need to be polished. A servant attitude, going the extra mile, singleness of heart, trust in the Lord, ministry in my own home, and most importantly, surrendering my all.
After graduation, I unconsiously slipped into the mindset that, since I was done with school, I could have the free time to do anything I wanted. Are you shaking your head at me yet? It's totally the opposite that I should be doing! I need to be seeking how I can really help my family out! Serving, sacrificing...surrendering my all. This is truly what a young woman of the Lord should be doing. It's time I pursue ministry in my home, focusing on others. I believe this is a battle all of us Christians have to face (the dying of self), but I know I have to personally fight hard. Selfishness is a sorry sin, unbecoming to a girl striving to be a "true beautiful" woman.
Well, enough said. Life is quite the learning experience. I am grateful to see how God has been changing my life over these years. I know I have come a long way, thanks to Jesus Christ, and know I further still to go.
"Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." Philippians 2:4
Surrendering My All,
Taylor

No comments: