Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wish I Was Crafty...

This Sunday, the church we sang at held a silent auction, and I participated, just for fun. :) There was a cute, silver crocheted/knitted scarf and hat set, and my bid was the winning bid. Yeah!

Aren't they pretty? Anyway, as I examined my new scarf and hat set, I began to remember when I crocheted. My grandma, aunt, and sister all taught me this art and I used to dream of starting my own crochet business. I created a special doll hat pattern, and wanted to someday market doll head-wear. I wanted to make baby blankets like my older sister and make clothing as well. But somewhere along the line, I lost my interest and now we have a basket, filled with yarn and needles, collecting dust.

Somedays I wish I was more "crafty". As I type, a warm, fleece blanket, a graduation gift from the women of our church, surrounds me. I wouldn't know how to make one for myself. Sewing, while I can do minor mending, is a nightmare to me, and knitting is a foriegn language. Is there something wrong with me?

On the other hand, I love to doodle and draw with pencil, pen, or mouse.











(These are some of my cartooning doodlings. :)

Well, I guess God has gifted me in other areas, though it is good to have knowledge in handywork. :) I admire and am truly amazed by the talents many women display through crocheting, sewing, knitting, quilting, etc. God has blessed them greatly!

Just some random thoughts for the day. :)

Lacheln,

Taylor

No comments: