Thursday, November 18, 2010

Created for Him

On Monday, Mom presented me with a sweatshirt she found at our local thrift store. Pink, with brown lettering, warm, and cozy. Fits my criteria for a comfy sweatshirt!

But the thing that made it an instant favorite were the words. Written in swirly (oh yes, another immediate selling point; I love swirlys!) letters are the words, "All things were created by Him and for Him" and Colossians 1:16: "For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him."

Earlier that morning, Mom and I had been discussing how I am to use my talents, and this was a perfect reminder for me. My whole self-mind, body, soul, talents-was created by the Lord, for the Lord. I am to use what He has given me wisely, and for His glory, not my own.

Now, when I wear my pink sweatshirt, I am reminded of who I am and Whose I am. I am created for Him, and for Him alone.

Lacheln,
Taylor

1 comment:

Alyssa Rose said...

Oh, that is so true! What a great reminder!