Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Surrendering My All Series: Trust in the Lord

God has been revealing areas in my life that need to be polished. A servant attitude, going the extra mile, singleness of heart, trust in the Lord, ministry in my own home, and most importantly, surrendering my all.

In this process of "surrendering my all", I have shared with you how God has shown me my most important "sphere of influence", ministry in my own home. Now let me share with you my learning to trust in the Lord. Here's a portion of an email I sent to a friend whose father lost his job a while ago in which I recount what I have learned during my own dad's job loss...

Thanks for your encouragement. Now I can sympathyze with your family's
situation even more! As you said, at first, it was really scarey, and I am sure
we will have more uncertain times ahead for our family, but I KNOW God will take
care of us, as He always has and always will. The day after Dad lost his job, I
went outside to spend time in God's Word. Feeling frightened at the future, I
opened up my Bible to Zephaniah 1:7 and found this verse, "Be silent before the
Lord!"
I stilled my heart and just listened to the beauties of God's creation.
Hearing birds singing all around me, I was suddenly reminded of Matthew
6:25-34:

"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather
into barns and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value
then they?"

"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What
shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these
things, and your Heavenly Father knows you need them all. But seek first the
Kingdom of God and His righteousnessm and all these things will be added to
you."

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be
anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

What promises and reassurance! I am confident we will get through this
trial, and am looking for what to learn in it. Also, we are excited to see what
God has in store! Just another part of our "Great Adventure!"

I've learned to trust in the Lord, no matter what comes our way, whether it be chicken pox, unemployment, or some unforseen change for our family. God takes good care of us and always has our hearts in mind. Looking back on the journey of our lives, I see the provision of our Father scattered all over the path. Life is not easy, nor will it ever be, but I know God has a better plan.

I love this encouraging song by the Greenes, "When God Has Another Plan":

Vs. 1
Forsaken by his brothers didn't fit the scene,
Being made a slave, was not what Joseph dreamed;
The coat of many colors was stained with blood and lies,
But from this divine appointment, a ruler would arise...

Ch.
When God has another plan - walk on and just say yes
When God has another plan - be assured that He knows best
If all your dreams are shattered, rest in His sufficient grace
We don't have to understand - when God has another plan.

Vs. 1
Alone and broken hearted, questions fill your mind
Changes can be hard, but come by God's design,
But if you could see tomorrow, with a view from Heaven's throne,
Every unexpected struggle, has led you closer home.

Ch.

Tag
If all your dreams are shattered, rest in His sufficient grace...
We don't have to understand - when God has another plan.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Lacheln,
Taylor

No comments: