Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Writings Featured on LYWB.com

Lies Young Women Believe


I'm so excited!! This morning when I checked my email, I found an e-update from one of my favorite websites for young ladies, Lies Young Women Believe. The title was "Meet the New LYWB.com Writers", and I felt my heart skip a beat.

Lies Young Women Believe is a website dedicated to bring the truth to young women who are disillusioned about God, themselves, relationships, the media, and a whole variety of topics. It was started after the book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh, "Lies Young Women Believe" was published, and it has been a source of encouragement in my life since I discovered it earlier this year.

Now, I have the privilege to share what God has taught me on it.

A few months ago, LYWB.com extended an invitation to its readers to submit articles pertaining to the website and the book. My interest was piqued and I began to type, sharing some deeply personal stories. I edited them again and again, trying to make my wordy articles fit within the required word count. Finally, after having my mom read them over, they were sent off to LYWB. Then the waiting began.

I had forgotten about it, until I saw the e-update. Curious, I went to the website, and about fell out of my chair. There was my name among the list of writers!

What a honor, and a humbling privilege. I am so thankful for this opportunity to share what God has done in my life. I sincerely hope young women can be encouraged and learn from what God has taught me. I pray the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are acceptable to God, and that He will use my stories for His glory.

To read the blog post, click here.

I will let you know when my articles are featured!

Lacheln,
Taylor

1 comment:

Kathryn Grace said...

Congratulations on having your articles chosen! Wow! How exciting!