Friday, January 7, 2011

A Comment on Comments...

I love comments! In fact, I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy comments. It always brightens my day when I find a comment you have written in response to my random writings; thank you!

One thing I enjoy about some blogs I have visited (some of which are your own) is the blogger's responses to comments; it adds such an interactive and welcoming feel to the whole blog-it's one of the differences of a dead blog and a live blog. (Kudos to you if you do this!) As a New Year's Resolution (looks like I'm adding another to my list already!), I resolve to respond to your input. If you have taken the time to comment, I can certainly take the time to jot down a response. Besides, it's fun! :)

Blessings on your day!

Lacheln,

Taylor

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I don't know anyone who doesn't like comments either :) It seems like I'm always wanting others to comment, but then I never take the time to do it myself...I need to work on that!

Ana W. said...

That's a great resolution, Taylor!
I agree with Rebekah too. My desire (one that I fall short of many times!) is to be interested in the interests of others and not just myself (like it says in Philippians 2:4)! And I think part of that can be lived out by commenting and encouraging others on their blog(s).
Blessings!
Ana

Kathryn Grace said...

Very true! You can't reasonably expect a lot of comments if you don't comment on other people's blogs - and if you respond to comments left on your own blog, people are more likely to return! And I agree, it's a nice gesture. I try to do the same on my blogs, though sometimes with some comments it is hard to come up with any other response besides, "Thanks!" :-)

Miss Taylor said...

*Rebekah: I completely agree with you! Even though it's as simple as jotting down a few lines, I usually tend to skip over it. It's nice to let someone know if you appreciate what they've written or done. :)

*Ana: Ah, thanks for the reminder of Philippians 2:4! It is so hard to focus on others' interests, as by nature I am a very selfish person. Good point!

*Kathryn Grace: Yep, you're so right! I need to step out and start leaving more comments on blogs when I visit. ;)

Thanks ya'll for stopping!

Hannah said...

Yes, I love getting comments on my blog as well! And I'd have to agree with the other girls who commented already - I often don't comment on other's blogs, but want them to comment on mine! :-) I need to keep that in mind more often, and work on encouraging others.

I've enjoyed reading your blog, Taylor, and getting to know you! I hope we can see each other soon!

Miss Taylor said...

*Hannah: Agreed! I enjoy my visits to your blog as well; keep writing! :) Looking forward to meeting you too...