Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Can Do All Things...Through Christ

"Urgh! I've got so much to do!" I complained one morning while reviewing my tasks for the day, thumping the bread machine on the counter with a little more umph than usual. Mom responded gently, singing a Bible verse set to music by Steve Green: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. The song stuck in my mind as I combined the ingredients for bread, and I couldn't help but take it mentally a step further. I began to say to myself: "When I am...'I can do all things through...'", providing a redirecting contrast between what I cannot do by myself, but what can be accomplished through Christ's strength, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22).

  • When I am pressured by responsibilities and expectations and feel overwhelmed - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I am battling sinful thoughts and habits and feel I can't win the battle - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I am losing my patience with younger siblings and feel I will lose my calm - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I deal with bitterness and feel I should take revenge - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I face redirection and rebuke and feel like lashing out - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I confront uncertainty and feel that I cannot trust anyone or anything - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

  • When I struggle with surrendering my all - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Lacheln!
Taylor

2 comments:

Rubies Like Ruth said...

Amen! So often, I am encouraged at how in MY strength I can do nothing at all, but in God's strength, He can enable me to do the things I need to.


I would love to have you visit our blog at rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com - a blog to encourage and help single Christian ladies.

~Ana Renee

Miss Taylor said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ana Renee!

I enjoyed visiting your blog; keep up the good work! I pray God will bless you greatly in your ministry to young ladies.

Have a wonderful day!

Lacheln!
Taylor