Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's Your Favorite Thing About Spring?

Spring is here!

YES! I am tickled pink excited about the warmth and sunshine finally invading our land!

You know, one of my favorite things about spring is MOWING LAWN! Ben just informed me as I was typing up some blog drafts that the front lawn needs to be mowed. WAHOO! (Trust me, I don't use capitals unless I'm really excited!) I love zooming around on the small red lawn tractor, enjoying the bright sunshine and dodging bugs - well, I could do without that part! Usually my mind is barraged with creative and crazy ideas, and I'll end up composing many blogs, book drafts, seminars, and songs by the time mowing season is done. :) So many times the others will look out the window and see me driving around, my mouth moving as I speak passionately to the dandelions and bees about modesty or sing a huge ballad I just wrote to the blue sky, etc. etc. :) The only thing I do not appreciate about mowing is steep ditches, flying rocks, getting stuck, and having motor problems.

So, what's your favorite thing about spring? I'm curious! Let me know in the comments.

Well, I'd better finish my computer stuff so I can get mowing! Tootles!

Lacheln!
Taylor

P.S. Remember in a previous blog I mentioned I was even looking forward to the time when bugs ran into my face as a sign of spring? Well, it has officially happened several times now, and even last night as we kids rode bike, I had a bug crash into my eye - yuck! Oh well, such is the stuff of life! :-D

9 comments:

Kathryn Grace said...

This is probably a very typical response but... FLOWERS! I looove flowers and taking pictures of them. It's always so exciting to me when the crabapple and cherry trees bloom and the lilacs start to bud. And of course, those wonderful mild breezes to blow away the winter cold!

yankeegospelgirl said...

LOL! For a moment I thought, "She LOVES mowing the lawn? Really??" Until I realized you had a riding mower. Now it makes MUCH more sense. :-P

Would you believe that I have never mowed a lawn? I was always too small/puny, and now even though I might be big enough to do it, or at least some of it, I've got a back issue that makes it tricky to do a lot of physical stuff without an "Ouch" factor. :-( Plus, I'm still pretty puny. ;)

Miss Taylor said...

*Kathryn Grace: Oooo! Good answer. I love the flowers too! I can't wait till our lilac bushes start blooming, though my allergies make it slightly uncomfortable to enjoy them! I love flowers, but do not enjoy gardening - go figure! :)

*YGG: I guess I should have put a disclaimer: "This does not include push mowing!" I cannot stand push mowing! Seriously, you've never mowed a lawn? You're missing out either way, riding or pushing! It's an experience like no other! ;)

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor

Alyssa Rose said...

As always, I love the simple things God does in each day! :0) Comes as no surprise, I guess! So, for spring I love seeing the fresh new leave breaking forth. I enjoy watching my plants grow, bloom, and then flower! I love the sweet sent the earth gives out and the slight warmth you feel in the breeze! I love God's beauty breaking forth anew in the spring time!

Miss Taylor said...

*Alyssa: Spring is definitely a time for celebrating the simple things of life: the small buds hidden on the branches of trees, new life everywhere, a gentle spring rain...what a great reminder to cherish the "simple things" - thanks! :)

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor

Amy W. said...

I LOVE to mow too!! :) It is so nice to be able to sit and think about things while at same time getting a bunch of grass mowed!
I also love all of the new life that comes in the spring! The grass is so vibrant and baby goats are fun to watch jump around. And it is always so wonderful to see flowers blooming outside again!

~Amy

Miss Taylor said...

*Amy: Yes! I am not alone in my obsession with mowing lawn! :-D You know, yesterday I had several more awesome book/blog ideas while mowing! :)

Oh, I bet the baby goats are so fun to watch; I love "kids"!

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor

Kathryn Grace said...

I don't like gardening either... In my "house of dreams" I don't mind if I scrub the toilets or wash the laundry, but I'd love it if I had a gardener. :-)

Miss Taylor said...

*Kathryn Grace: Yeah! I'm not alone in my distaste of gardening! :) I enjoy some aspects of it, but my motivation always drops within the first few weeks and weeds slowly began to take over!

And I agree: I'd rather be cleaning the house than doing outside work. :)

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor