Monday, June 6, 2011

A Blog Hiatus...With Exciting Things Coming!

Overwhelmed.

I think that word describes me right now.

So many things call for my attention. So many tugs to do things I want to do. So many things I have to do.

*Deep breath*

In evaluating our family's crazy schedule and my pressing responsibilities, I am making the tough decision to take a hiatus from Surrendering My All till the end of the month.

Don't worry! I am not shutting down SMA, but stepping aside, taking it off my plate. I have, I believe, one of the most powerful blog series I have ever written coming up (oh, I'm so excited!) and a new design in the works. But I need to say "no" to some things in my life in order to re-prioritize and re-focus. If I don't, I know I'll burn myself out - I have before, and I don't want to again! (I have the tendency to take too many things upon myself and never get anything done; such is the life of an artistic ADD person!)

So, stayed tuned (so to speak). Exciting things are in store, but I need to purposely pull myself away from this non-essential item. I will continue to blog at my family's blog, as we have a lot going on right now, but my blog is secondary.

In closure to this blogging season here, let me share with you two things which I think are very profound and challenging:

First, a quote:

"The only thing a guy should want to change about a girl is her last name." :)

Second, two verses from the Bible I am memorizing:

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise, but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15-16 ESV)

I pray you all are well. Keep in touch!

Now, off to making bread, mowing the lawn, unpacking, cleaning bathrooms...etc. etc. etc. :-)

Lacheln,
Taylor

4 comments:

Daniel J. Mount said...

""The only thing a guy should want to change about a girl is her last name." :)"

Let me start off by saying that, when I saw this, my first reaction was, "I love this! Great insight!" And, in fact, I almost posted to that effect.

But as I thought about it further, I started to ponder it. We're fallen human beings in a fallen world. No matter how earnestly we strive toward the upward calling, every one of us has blind spots that need to be pointed out, and every one of us needs family and friends (especially in our local churches) who will spur us on toward becoming more like Christ. And in every Biblically-grounded marriage I've had the opportunity to observe closely, the husband and wife have both had areas and opportunities to encourage the other to grow in an area.

With all of that said, the closer the original statement can be to being true, the better!

Miss Taylor said...

Daniel: It's my turn to say: "Great insight!" :)

Everything you said is so true and is the reality of marriage...and life in general. We all are imperfect people in need of our Savior and forgiveness everyday.

As Christians, we are continually changing and growing in our walk with the Lord and each other, and it doesn't stop when we get married - oh no, in fact, it increases! :) As my mom likes to say, "Two wrongs don't make a right"

And no matter how much a young woman or young man prepares themselves for marriage, they will never be fully prepared or "perfect" for their future spouse; that's just the reality of it all...just as the person they marry will not be perfect either. (But that is no excuse to not prepare as much as one possibly can!)

So yes, awesome perspective. You said it well. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor

Daniel J. Mount said...

Thanks! I think the right balance is earnestly striving for the ideal, especially in ourselves, yet balancing that with patience with those around us, realizing that nobody is perfect (yet).

Miss Taylor said...

Absolutely! Great summary.

"...balancing that with patience with those around us"...Yes, and with much patience with ourselves as well! :) What a relief it is to know God doesn't give up on sanctifying us daily, continually making us to be better vessels for His kingdom. :)

Blessings!
Lacheln,
Taylor